Nagpur News : A 72-year-old mentally disturbed man succumbs ten days after he consumes poison under stress. Yaashwant Shinde, a resident of Laxman Nagar, was a security guard.
Police said he had consumed poison on February 10. His family members informed that he was slightly mentally unstable and was not able to remember the things for long time. Shinde was depressed of his illness and thus consumed insecticide at home.
He was rushed to a nearby private hospital by his son. After three days, doctors referred him to Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) where he was declared dead on Wednesday night.
A case of an accidental death has been registered at Hudkeshwar police station.
In another incident, a 70-year-old Tulsabai Gedam set herself ablaze at her Ashirwad Nagar residence on Thursday afternoon. Police said neighbours found Gedam leapt in flames and screaming who hen rushed for help. However, Gedam has succumbed to her injuries before neighbours would control the fire. Sakkardara police has registered a case.