Ground Meat – 1 lb
(You can use ground lamb, ground chicken, ground turkey or any other ground meat)
Fried Onions – 1/2 cup
Garlic Cloves – 4-5
Ginger – 1″ piece
Green Chilly – 1
Cashew nuts – 1 tblsp
Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cilantro – handful (finely chopped)
Salt – to taste
Oil – for shallow frying
1. Take the ground meat in a mixing bowl. Using a paper towel, remove any excess moisture in it.
2. Make a paste of the fried onions, garlic cloves, green chilly, ginger and cashew nuts. Add this paste to the ground meat.
3. Add the red chilly powder, black pepper powder, garam masala, chaat masala and salt. Also add finely chopped cilantro.
4. Mix together with your hands till everything is well incorporated. You can let this mixture marinate for 15-30 minutes.
5. Pinch a small portion of the mixture and press it around the skewers. If you do not have skewers, press it in oval shape with your hands.
6. Spray with some cooking spray or apply some oil with your hands. This will help the kababs to remain juicy.
7. Grill the kababs on open flame for 5-6 minutes or shallow fry on the stove top for 7-8 minutes. You can also broil it in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
(The ground meat cooks very fast so do not overcook the kababs. The high temperature makes the outside of the kebabs crispy while keeping them moist inside.Turn the kababs once or twice during the cooking process so that all sides get browned uniformly.)
8. Squeeze some lemon juice on it just before serving.
– This can be served as an appetizer with some mint chutney, ketchup or hot sauce.
– It is also commonly served with naan.
– You can also use this to make wraps and sandwiches.