Global Nagpur Summit has made a tradition of felicitating Nagpur Achievers in a glittering awards function that is held on the first evening of the summit.
Yesterday night, this function was hosted at Hotel Radisson Blu.
As Chairperson of the GN Awards CA Hemant Lodha says “Nagpur First has honoured individuals and organisations that have brought laurels to Nagpur city and brought Nagpur on the international map.”
The Awardees were :
- Arts and Culture: Lalitya Foundation (Prasad Dinkar Pimpalkar)
- Sports-1 : Bimla Deoskar ( Mountaineer and Recipient of Arjun Award)
- Sports – 2: Gurudas R. Raut ( Physically challenged Cricket player who was born with only one arm but is an ace bowler)
- Individual Professional: Aatul Parandurkar
- Individual Entrepreneur early stage: Nikunj Agrawal
- Individual Entrepreneur, Established : Diffusion Engineers
- Hospitality and Tourism: Jagsons Travels
- Hospitality and Tourism 2 : Jagmohan Sethi ( writer of books on Nagpur tourist spots )
- Manufacturing: Indo Rama Synthetics
- IT : Sameer Bendre of Persistent
- Education: Ravindra Deshmukh
- Health: Tour2India4Health
- Infrastructure and Environment: Lars Enviro
- Social venture: Satpuda Foundation
- Social venture 2 : Harshawardhan Dhanwatey (Tiger Research and Foundation Trust)
Also present at the occasion to felicitate the winners and give the awards were Dr. Abhay Bang and Ajay Sancheti, M.P.
The awards are sponsored every year by Calderys. Hakimuddin Ali. M.D. was present to represent this MNC with the biggest presence in Nagpur.
The surprise presence was that of many foreign delegates who were in Nagpur at the behest of World Trade Centre, Mumbai. They were accompanied by Ambassadors of two nations : A Fiji nation and an African.