Poha is one of the best and famous East Indian recipes from the lot one would find in a cook book. For those of you who are unaware of what poha is, it is beaten rice. This beaten rice consists of a number of nutrients which is considered healthy for a breakfast meal. Chuda, also known as Avalakki is an energising food, and if eaten for breakfast it will surely enhance your day. For those of you who want to start your day with a cup of rice, poha is the best option. This poha roll recipe for breakfast is made with egg and vegetables which is also rich in proteins.
- 1 egg
- 30 gms poha (rice flakes)
- 100 gms potato
- 2 green chillies
- 20 gms roasted peanuts
- 1/4 tsp amchur (dry mango powder)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tblsp breadcrumbs
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Few coriander sprigs
How to make poha roll :
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
- Wash the poha in a strainer. Coarsely grind the roasted peanut.
- Wash & chop the green chillies and corainder sprigs.
- Add poha, peanuts, chillies, corainder leaves and spices to the mashed potatoes.
- Mix well and roll into desirable shapes.
- Dip in beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in oil till rolls golden brown.
Serve hot with tamraind chutney.