Published On : Tue, Aug 20th, 2013

Painter falls to death from second floor,13-year old boy electrocuted in Nagpur

File Photo of A painter lost his life when he was electrocuted while painting a shop on Kamptee Road

Nagpur News: Two accidental death cases were reported in Nagpur involving a painter and a kid.

In the first incident, the painter Vipin Baburao Tayde (30), resident of Ekta Colony, Yadav Nagar, Rani Durgavati Square, Nagpur, was painting a building of the MS Society Association in Prakash Nagar on Godhni Road on August 19 at about 1620 hours. Suddenly, Vipin lost balance and crashed into the ground from the second floor of the building. He was rushed immediately to Mayo Hospital where doctors, after examining Vipin, declared him brought dead.

Gittikhadan Police Station PSI Aade registered a case of accidental death and is investigating the matter further.

In the second incident, a 13-year old boy Ritik Suresh Chaudhary, resident of Shreeram Nagar Kharbi Road, who had received grave burn injuries due to electrocution on August 5, succumbed to his injuries at about 0030 hours of 20-08-13. Ritik was playing on the terrace of his house where he came in contact with a high-voltage electric line which was passing through the terrace. He was admitted to the Government Hospital in Ward No. 4 with grave burn injuries. However, the 13-year old Ritik could not sustain the critical wound and died in the wee hours of 20-08-13.

The Nandanvan Police Station PSI Bobde registered a case of accidental death and is probing the matter further.