If you steal power, then be sure it can even kill someone else.. literally !!! Perhaps this is the fact the two power thieves might not have thought about even in the wildest of their dreams. The two would have never thought that their act can take away an innocent life. Though it was an accident but the ill intent behind the incident cannot be overlooked.
The notorious practice of stealing electricity turned deadly when a nine year old boy was caught into live wires being used for power theft by two other people. The high tension wires were lying unattended by the road side. Soon after the boy came in contact with these wires he was shocked to death. The incident took place in Nandanvan on Friday. Police have booked both the persons in this regard.
According to police information, the accused Akrambhai Jabbar and Altaf Khan, both residents of Abu Miya Nagar, were using power illegally. They were involved in stealing of electricity. They had left open wires for this purpose. On Friday afternoon, the deceased Alok Tembhurne accidently stepped onto the open wires and was electrocuted.
On the complaint of Alok’s father Ghanshyam Tembhurne, Nandanvan police booked Akram Jabbar and Altaf Khan under Sections 304, (a), 34 read with sub sections 135 MSEB Act