Nagpur: Mystery shrouded the fire that broke out in office of Sub Registrar situated in Khamla locality on Wednesday night. Documents of disputed plots of land were stored in the office, it is learnt.
The office of Sub Registrar is situated at first and third floor of a 3-storey building near Gulmohar Marriage Hall in Khamla. The other floors of the building are occupied by families. Around 7.30 pm on Wednesday, fire broke out in the record room at upper floor of Sub Registrar’s office. As the fire spread fast, the employees of the office and residents scurried out of the building to save their lives. In the meanwhile, somebody alerted Fire Brigade. However, before the firefighters could reach the spot, the record room was in the grip of leaping fire. Many vital documents, computers, CDs, furniture and other material got destroyed in the blaze.
The exact cause of the fire could not be ascertained immediately but short circuit is being suspected.