Published On : Sat, Apr 19th, 2014

Major fire destroys house of three brothers in Mominpura, puts them at loss of Rs 3.50 lakh

Nagpur News.

A devastating fire completely destroyed a house in Mominpura on Saturday (April 19) putting families of three brothers to loss at about Rs 3.50 lakh. Luckily no loss of life was reported but the fire triggered panic and a scramble to save other houses in the thickly populated area.


According to reports and Fire Brigade, the house, belonging to three brothers Bababhai alias Mohd Arif Rikshewale, Babbubhai and the late Sheikh Sattar and their families of 16 members, and located in Mominpura on Bhankheda Kabrastan Road, was the victim of the fire. Fire Brigade said the inferno was started by a spark from hearth. The fire rapidly spread to other parts of the house and gutted it completely and thus damaged households worth Rs 3.50 lakh. Three fire tenders were deployed to control the fire and after a hard struggle it was doused successfully before other houses could become victims. Earlier also, residents of the area tried to douse the fire by their own means but in vain. The house was made of mud and thatches.

Both Bababhai anf Babbubhai run rickshaws and ferry school children. Their younger brother the late Sheikh Sattar was also pulling rickshaw. Their mother Hasina Bi stays with her another son Mohd Azad separately. Families of the three brother stay in the same in the same house but in different rooms. Babbubhai and his family on Saturday at 1 pm went to Chandrapur to attend marriage of a relative.Bababhai’s family had also gone out. At the same time, a spark from the hearth flew and soon turned into a major fire. Smoke billowing from the house caught attention of nearby residents who rushed to control the fire. But when the fire started engulfing the entire house, a social worker of the area Altaf Ansari informed the Fire Brigade. Fire Brigade personnel with three fire tenders reached the spot in the thickly populated area and controlled the fire but not before it destroying the entire households including foodgrains, beds and other material. Luckily, families were outside and so escaped the fire. But now remain shelterless. The brothers are fondly called Rikshewale by their near and dear ones.


File Pic