Mumbai: The Maharashtra government today revoked the ban on 9 opposition MLAs out of 19, who were suspended last week for disrupting Assembly proceedings, creating ruckus on the floor of the house and burning budget copies outside the premises.
While a total of 19 MLAs were suspended on March 22, the government today revoked suspension of 9 MLAs only.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
Maharashtra Parliamentary Affairs Minister Girish Bapat informed the House that the government did not want these MLAs to remain outside the assembly premises but wanted them to attend the next Monsoon session in Mumbai and Winter session in Nagpur.
He, however, remained mum on the suspension of the other 10 MLAs.
Bapat read out the names of nine MLAs whose suspensions were revoked. “The suspension of Sangram Thopate (Congress), Narhari Zhirvad (NCP), Deepak Chavan(NCP), Dattatraya Bharne (NCP), Abdul Sattar(Congress), Avadhut Tatkare (NCP), Amit Zanak (Congress), Vaibhav Pichad (NCP), D P Sawant (Congress) has been revoked”, Bapat said.
Speaking in the legislative council, Fadnavis had said that he was positive about withdrawing the suspension.
“I am aware of the issue. We also do not like to see the entire opposition out of the Assembly. We will positively take a decision regarding suspended MLAs tomorrow (on Saturday),” Fadnavis had said.
After the suspension last week, all Congress and NCP MLAs have boycotted the House proceedings and only BJP and Shiv Sena legislators are attending the lower house. Opposition leaders have started ‘Sangharsh Yatra’ in Vidarbha to raise their voice for the farmers and refused to come back to the Assembly