Number of servings: 1 biscuit
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sun-dried tomato
How to make it 24 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Drain chopped fresh tomato on paper towels.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In small bowl combine yogurt and oil and stir into flour mixture until evenly moistened.
3. Stir fresh tomato, scallion, and sun-dried tomato into flour mixture. Drop dough, 1/4 cup at a time, onto prepared baking sheet, for total of 12 biscuits.
4. Bake until tops are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 111mg
- Carbs: 18g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
Healthy Cooking Tip
Baking powder, vegetable oil, and yogurt are the ingredients that produce a tender, flaky biscuit. For browner tops, brush the biscuits with milk or oil before baking. For more flavor, add a couple of tablespoons of finely chopped ham, chives, or mild chile peppers to your biscuit batter.