Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!
    | | Contact: 8407908145 |
    Published On : Sun, Mar 30th, 2014
    Latest News | By Nagpur Today Nagpur News

    Electrical shop goes up in flames at Khamla; Goods worth Rs 4 lakh gutted


    Fire-2Nagpur News.

    An electrical shop in Khamla was reduced to ashes after the goods it stored engulfed into flames on Sunday morning. Vijay Shatani, the owner of the Vijay Electricals immediately called the fire department from Narendra Nagar which rushed the fire men to the spot. Two fire engines were pressed into service to curtail and extinguish the fire. No casualty was reported apart from the goods being charred. Shatani claimed that goods worth Rs 4 lakh have been destroyed in the fire.

    Fire-1

    Shatani has blamed on the neighbouring shop – Hot Chips which allegedly burnt some old wood and garbage that sparked the fire. All the material including the wood-wool stocked up for summer demand, electrical goods and cables kept in the shop were gutted. Shatani alleged that the people at Hot Chips carelessly dumped the garbage and set it afire that led to the accident.

    The single brick construction wall on the rear of the shop had wood wool and other electric goods stored. The fire presumably passed through the small holes in the wall and reached the wood wool. Other plastic and wooden goods used in electrification caught fire too.

    Fire Officer Kale, ASF Deogade and other staff ensured that they pull out the goods so that they don’t spread to neighboring shops.


    Stay Updated : Download Our App
    Mo. 8407908145