Nagpur News : Railway Minister Pawankumar Bansal presented the 1st Railway Budget by a Congress Minister in 17th years on 26-02-2013 with marginal hike in freight charges and no hike in passenger fares is a welcome step.
Dipen Agrawal, President Nag Vidarbha Chamber of Commerce (NVCC) has appreciated the rail budget and said that Hon’ble Railway Minister has taken keen interest for the development of various railway services looking to all corners of the country.
Railway Minister has also given following weightage to Nagpur in particular and Vidarbha in general like setting up of Rail Neer bottling plant, Executive Lounge, National skill development programme to youth in railway related to trade, setting up a multi-disciplinary training institute imparting training in rail related electronics technologies at Nagpur.
The railway minister also added that rail track between Nagpur to Nagbhid will be converted to broad gauge. Following new trains proposed by the minister is also a welcome step:
1. Jabalpur – Yesvantpur Express (Weekly) Via Nagpur
2. Puri – Sainagar Shirdi Express (Weekly) Via Nagpur
3. Ajni (Nagpur) to Lokmanya Tilak Exp (Weekly) Via Hingoli
4. Bikaner – Chennai AC Express (Weekly) Via Nagpur
5. Amravati – Narkhed Passenger daily
6. Extension of trains – Bhusaval – Amravati Passenger to Narkhed
Proposal to increase in frequency in following trains:
1. Ahmedabad – Nagpur Express 2 to 3 days and Jabalpur – Amravati Express 3 to 7 days will give more convenience to rail users.
Dipen Agrawal President, NVCC has requested the Railway Minister that Nagpur should get its due importance share in future for dedicated freight corridor because of the geographical location of Nagpur being at the center of India, states in a press note issued by Shri Hemant Gandhi, Hon Secretary of the Chamber.