Fresh Cranberries – 1 lb
Sugar – 1 cup
Crushed Pineapple – 1 can (14 oz)
Mini Marshmallows – 1 bag (about 3 cups)
Pecans (chopped) – 1 cup
Whipped Cream (or Cool whip) – 1 tub (8 oz)
1. Coarsely grind the fresh cranberries in a food processor or blender.
2. Mix sugar with this and let it rest in the refrigerator for 15 min -1 hr.
3. Mix in the crushed pineapple, pecans and marshmallows.
4. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
5. Refrigerate for few hours so that the flavours can blend together. Serve chilled.
– If fresh cranberries are not in season, use 1 16-oz can of cranberry sauce.
– You can also freeze the salad and serve it as a dessert.
– You can also make cherry salad (cherry chiffon) using 1 – 21 oz can of cherry pie filling in place of cranberries.
– Put this mixture in a graham cracker pie crust and you have cranberry chiffon pie.