Nagpur: The Second Capital City of Nagpur moved a step forward to become Smart City as Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday laid the foundation stone for a Smart Police Station. The Lakadganj Police Station will be developed as the first ever Smart Police Station of the State as well as the country.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister Fadnavis said this Smart Police Station will not be smart in attractive building, colour. But it will be SMART (S-Sensitive and Strict; M-Modern with Mobility; A- Alert and Accountable; R- Reliable and Responsive; T- Trained and Techno-savvy) all the way. It will have smart and efficient police personnel providing justice to common people. Basic amenities for visitors, waiting area, toilets, drinking water, receptionist, rest room for constables, including separate room for women constables, CCTV, safe & secure Armoury, Record Room, Communication Room for wireless, computers etc, will be part of SMART Police Station.
The Rs 145 crore project will be completed in 24 months. The total built-up area will be 26800 sq mtr.
- The state-of-the-art Smart Police Station in posh building.
- Offices of Deputy Commissioner of Police and Assistant Commissioner of Police.
- Another 11-storey building to have 44.00 sq mtr 2 BHK 300 flats for police sepoys.
- 50 sq mtr 2 BHK 48 flats for Police Inspectors in 12-storey building.
- Commercial complex and hall to accommodate 500 people.
- Club House and Gymnasium.
- Around 3000 sq mtr vacant place.
- Independent sewage treatment plant.
- Generation of 65 kilowatt solar power.
- Sophisticated Fire Brigade.
The Smart Lakadganj Police Station, offices of Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) and Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) will be situated on ground and first floor. The commercial complex will also be on ground floor. The premises will have club-house and gymnasium, parade ground, and dispensary including utility shops.
Other dignitaries who graced the function include Rajya Sabha Member Dr Vikas Mahatme, MLAs Krishna Khopde, Sudhakar Deshmukh, Vikas Kumbhare, Sudhakar Kohale, Dr Milind Mane, MLCs Anil Sole, Girish Vyas, Mayor Nanda Jichkar, Commissioner of Police Dr K Venkatesham, Joint Commissioner of Police Shivaji Bodkhe, all DCPs, ACPs, Police Inspectors and a large number of police personnel and people.