Nagpur: ‘Om Namah Shivaya’ and ‘Har Har Mahadev’ were the chants that devotees of Lor Shiva chanted while performing special ritual bath on Shiva Lingas with milk, honey and keep on chanting prayers in Sanskrit which means O Lord ! I will bathe thee with water, milk, etc. Kindly bathe me with the milk of wisdom and wash off all my sins.
Maha Shivaratri is being celebrated with reverence and religious reverence by the devotees of Lord Shiva in the city on March 7, 2016. This festival which is considered to be one of the most auspicious religious festival is celebrated with utmost devotion and religious fervour.
Women devotees carry a lot of importance since it is believed that worshipping Lord Shiva helps one find a good husband like Lord Shiva. Most devotees can be seen fasting on this day as they worship Shiva Linga. Though many go on a diet of fruits and milk, some do not consume even a drop of water all through the day and night of Shivaratri Festival.
Most of the idols of Lord Shiva in burning ghats including Ambazhari Ghat, Mokshadham Ghat Gangabai Ghat were seen abuzz with devotees as they washed the idols, and performed pujas.
The auspicious timings to celebrate Maha Shivaratri are as follows:
1. Nishita Kaal Puja Time: 12:48 am
2. Parana Time: from 06:55 am to 10:34 am (On March 7, 2016)
3. Ratri First Prahar Puja Time: 6:42 pm to 09:45 pm.
4. Ratri Second Prahar Puja Time: 09:45 pm to 12:49 am
5. Ratri Third Prahar Puja Time: 12:49 am to 03:52 am
6. Ratri Fourth Prahar Puja Time: 03:52 to 06:55 am
7. Chaturdashi Tithi begins from: 13:20 on 7 March, 2016
8. Chaturdashi Tithi ends on: 10:34 am on March 8, 2016