Nagpur: Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Water Resources and Ganga Rejuvenation Nitin Gadkari on Saturday declared that India has become growth engine and progressing by leaps and bounds.
Gadkari was addressing a press conference in the city to highlight achievements of four-years of Narendra Modi Government.
“Several welfare schemes for farmers were launched but still some problems persist. Even thought produce has increased manifold, proper rate is not being received. This anomaly affects international markets as well. The Opposition parties only see hike in fuel prices but conveniently turn blind eye towards stabilisation of prices of onion, edible oil, sugar and other essential items,” Gadkari said while taking a dig at the Opposition parties.
The Union Minister said a number of development projects are being implemented in Nagpur city and district as well as across Maharashtra.
- National Highway length in state up to 2014 was 5700 km
- Total length added to NH network in last three years – 16,736 km
- Increase in NH network – 300%
- State Govt has taken lead in making the state railway crossing gate free.
- Central Government has sanctioned total Rs 47,773 crore for development projects in Nagpur city and district.
- Rs 6448 crore for flyovers and development of four-lane National Highway within city
- Metro Rail – Rs 8680 crore
- All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), Nagpur – Rs 1577 crore
- Deekshabhumi – Rs 10 crore
- Buddhist Circuit scheme – Rs 100 crore
- Development of accident-prone spots in city – Rs 7.10 crore
- Drinking water pipeline laying and construction of 42 overhead water tanks – Rs 228 crore
- Pune-based Symbosis Institute to set up Skill Development University with investment of Rs 300 crore
- Sports Authority of India Ltd to set up centre in city – Rs 300 crore
- New rail lines from city – Rs 6317 crore
- Cancer Institute – Rs 128 crore
- Waste-to-Energy project – Rs 221 crore
- Cement road network under three-phase project – Rs 700 crore
- Development of Pardi, Bharatwada, Punapur under Smart City project
- Nag Nadi rejuvenation project – Rs 1500 crore
- Works to be done by NHAI and MORTH in city and district – Rs 26,438 crore
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research to be set up
- Composite Regional Centre for Persons with Disabilities set up
- Total direct employment 13426 and indirect employment 75252 generated in various projects in MIHAN, Metro Project and MIDC Butibori.
- In MIHAN, units of Air India’s MRO, HCL Technology, Hexaware, Infosys, TAAL Manufacturing Ltd, Tata Consultancy Services, Reliance Aerospace, Lupin Pharma, Patanjali Food Park, Amezon, Ceat Tyres, and other renowned companies set up units with crores of investments and thousands of job opportunities.
The Union Minister Nitin Gadkari listed a host of achievements by his ministry.