India is a nation obsessed with sports. Though cricket continues to be the most followed sport in the country, other sports are also catching up. There is substantial followership of football in the country. Other sports like hockey, badminton, tennis, and even athletics are followed sincerely by a large part of the population. This is the reason there are quite a few excellent websites for sports in India. Here are the top 5 websites that you can consider for the latest sports news and updates.
- Yahoo Sports is a one-stop destination for all the sporting news and updates that you may wish to get. The website gives updates about Cricket, Football, Hockey, Badminton, Tennis, Golf, Boxing, Wrestling, Rugby, Basketball, Baseball, and the list goes on. The website provides a search box that you can use to get information about your favorite teams and players. It keeps you updated about all the sporting action from all over the world. The website is also available on popular social media platforms, so staying connected to the website is very easy.
- TOI sports belongs to one of the most massive media ventures in the country, the Times of India. A part of the largest digital network in India, TOI sports, gives you access to all the news and updates from the world of sports, from cricket to WWE. The website covers almost all sporting events in the world and thus is extensive in its coverage. The content is captivating, with columns from sporting legends making it more appealing for fans.
- Sportskeeda is a homegrown success in the world of sports websites. It has got dedicated followership. The website is relatively new and was founded in the year 2009. A decade later, in 2019, gaming firm Nazara decided to take a majority stake in the website. The website covers all major sports like football, cricket, basketball, tennis, hockey, badminton, and more. The website has a very effective user interface that makes it a fan favorite. The website brings all features like live scores, schedules, team rankings in different competitions, etc. There are options for getting live updates through their app. The website also publishes in-depth analyses and articles on all sports.
- Sony Pictures Sports Network comes on the list as well. This is an extensive sports network that has a sports website and also runs eight different sports channels. Their website sonypicturessportsnetwork.com is accessible by fans to get all details about various sports from around the world. You can get the latest updates from sports like cricket, football, hockey, etc. The main attraction of this website, however, is WWE. Schedules and sports news are also available on this website.
- Planet Cricket is the last website in this list, and it is run by the media group from Leeds, UK. The website gives you the latest updates and news on cricket sport. The website also is a favorite among cricket fans because it gives ball-by-ball commentary, and live cricket scores on its website.
These are probably the best websites in India that you can follow for authentic news and updates.