Nagpur: Rotary Club of Nagpur Ishanya and Nagpur Municipal Corporation will jointly construct 50 public toilets at various places in city only for womenfolk. The Standing Committee of NMC has given its approval to the proposal. At present, three public toilets for women are functioning near Ashirvad Talkies Square, NMC Zone Office in Mahal and Mangalwari Bazaar, Sadar. These public toilets for women have been sponsored by global leader Calderys Refractories India Ltd, Nagpur. The information was shared by Mayor Pravin Datke at a press conference held on Saturday.
The salient features of the public toilets are:
- The toilets will have W/C, 3 urinals, wash basin, table, wall fan, charging points, lights exhaust fans, sanitary napkins, waste paper basket etc.
- Charge for use of toilet will be Rs 5 per use.
- Urinals will be fre of cost.
- Toilets to be manned by lady attendants preferable handicapped girls.
- Pre fab steel insulated structures with ventilation and lighting for comfortable use.
- Electric, water and cleaning expenses to be borne by Rotary Club of Nagpur Ishanya.
- Funds to be generated by advertising on the walls of the toilets.
The NMC has provided all site clearances, permission and other legalities. It will carry out all civil works and provide water and electricity connections. The local body will waive off advertisement and ground rent.
Others who were present at the press conference include MD of Calderys Refractories India Ltd, Nagpur, Hakimuddin Ali, CFO Sikander Yadav, VP (HR) Amit Kumar, and CSR Head Alka Tiwari. President of Rotary Club of Nagpur Ishanya Rahul Laddhad, Secretary Subhash Lahoti, District Governor Dr Nikhil Kibe and District Secretary Vijay Naidu were also present.
By Rajeev Ranjan Kushwaha (email@example.com)