A 3-year old boy and a 12-year old girl lost their lives in a tragic way when both accidentally fell into a well at about 1900 hours on Saturday (May 31).
According to police, the victims Karan Ramesh Sahu (3) and Anjali Jaiprakash Sahu, both residents of Plot No. 40, New Bidipeth, tenants of Raju Chavan, were playing in front of their house. While playing, Karan inched towards a nearby well unknowingly and fell into it. Shocked by the sudden development, Anjali too went near the well but slipped and she too fell into the well. Both Karan and Anjali got drowned in well water and died before any help. Sakkardara police were informed about the tragic incident by Sohanram Puttu Sahu (55). PSI Shete and his team reached the spot and after preliminary investigation, registered a case of accidental death. Further probe is underway.
However, whether bodies of Karan and Anjali were pulled out or not could not be ascertained till the filing of this report.