Nagpur: Headaches, our arch enemy. Instead of staying up all night Googling natural cures, exercise these 11 fast headache remedies.
1. Drink water. It sounds simple, but many headaches are caused by dehydration.
2. Give yourself a scalp massage. Research has shown that massaging the greater occipital nerve (the back of your head at the base of your skull) can relieve a severe head ache.
3. Press the webbed area between your thumb and pointer finger. Softly massage the spot for about one minute before switching to the other hand.
4. Stretch. Headaches are often caused by muscle tension. Simple neck stretches could help relieve some of the tension.
5. Eat watermelon. Yep, if your headache is caused by dehydration, eating water containing fruits could relieve your pain by rehydrating your whole body.
6. Massage peppermint oil onto your temples, the back of your jaw and your forehead. Peppermint oil has been shown to smoothen the blood flow, which might get things moving in your head.
7. Breathe deeply. When you feel pain, your body gets stressed. Deep breathing will help you relax and could ease some of the tension.
8. Drink a cup of coffee. Headaches are often caused by the expanding of blood vessels. The caffeine in coffee constricts these blood vessels, bringing them back down to normal size.
9. Drink apple cider vinegar. Dilute two tablespoons of ACV into a big glass of water and add a little honey or lemon juice to make it more palatable.
10. Hold a pencil between your teeth…but resist the urge to gnaw on it. Gently holding the pencil between your teeth activates your “smile” muscles, relaxing your jaw. We sometimes clench our teeth when we’re stressed, and straining the muscle that connects the jaw to the temples can cause a tension headaches.
11. Meditate. Relaxing your mind and focusing your attention away from the pain you’re experiencing could work in distracting yourself from a headache until it goes away. Breathe in, breathe out.