Nagpur: A young woman and man lost their lives due to electrocution in separate incidents on Monday. Both incidents occurred in Hudkeshwar police jurisdiction.
In the first incident, Priti Anil Raut (23), resident of Plot No. 114, Vitthalwadi, Hudkeshwar, received a powerful jolt as she tried to start water motor pump around 5 pm on Monday. She was immediately taken to GMCH where doctors pronounced her dead on admission. The electric board probably carried current due to loose connection. Exact cause of electrocution could be ascertained after probe.
Hudkeshwar API S S Mole has registered a case of accidental death and investigating the matter further.
In another incident, Prashant Sahebrao Kashikude (30), resident of Akash Nagar, Besa Road, was working as electrician at a flat scheme of Atharva Infrastructure in Hudkeshwar area on Monday. Around 5.30 pm, Prashant suddenly received current and fell unconscious. He was rushed to the Government Medical College and Hospital but succumbed around 6.20 pm while undergoing treatment. It could not be verified how Prashant was electrocuted.
Hudkeshwar API S S Mole has registered a case of accidental death and probing the matter further.