Published On : Wed, Oct 19th, 2016

Young boy killed, friend injured as their bike hit by Mahindra XUV car in Chhaoni

Representational Pic

Representational Pic


Nagpur: A 19-year old boy lost his life and his friend suffered serious injuries when the motorcycle they were riding in was hit by a speeding Mahindra XUV car near ZIlla Parishad School in Chhaoni area on Wednesday morning. The driver of the killer vehicle fled the spot but the passersby noted down the registration number on which basis cops are hunting him.

The deceased has been identified as Prajod Subhash Chahande (19), resident of Motibagh, while the injured friend is Shubham Kumbhare.

According to information, Prajod and Shubham were going towards Chhaoni on their Bajaj Pulsar motorcycle (MH-49/8676). At the turning of ZP School, the Mahindra XUV (MH-31/EA 3293), being driven in break-neck speed, rammed the motorcycle with forceful impact. As a result Prajod and Shubham were hurled in the air and crashed on the road. Both suffered grievous injuries and were rushed to Mayo Hospital. However, doctors there pronounced Prajod dead during the course of treatment.

Sadar police have registered a case against the Mahindra XUV driver under Sections 304(A), 338, 279 of the IPC read with Sub-Sections 134, 177 of Motor Vehicles Act and searching him.

Incidentally, a person named Nitin Gopalani witnessed the fatal mishap from close quarters and posted on Facebook. According to Nitin, he was was having tea with my family in the balcony in the morning morning and suddenly they heard a loud crashing noise. They rushed to see the cause and found the Mahindra XUV speeding away at break-neck speed after hitting a boy, who must be in his 20s and was riding a motorcycle. Thankfully some students who were there at the spot noted the number (MH-31-EA-3293).

The impact was such that the kid’s arm and leg were dislocated and he was bleeding profusely. Nitin along with his house staff ran to help the poor chap but in the meantime some passersby had already put the boy in an auto rickshaw and left for hospital.

Just when he reached home for lunch his driver told him that the kid couldn’t survive. The autorickshaw driver who had taken him to hospital said that the kid died after an hour’s treatment.