Nagpur: Six accused have been arrested in the abduction and murder of a couple on August 12, 2016. While addressing the media personnel, Joint Commissioner of Police Santosh Rastogi said that six accused have been arrested in the abduction and murder of Atul Pandharinath Vaidya and Vandana Atul Vaidya by Karan Namdeorao Mahalle for gaining possession of the house in which they (Atul and Vandana) were staying. The six accused include
• Kiran Namdeorao Mahalle aged 35 years and resident of Flat No 102, 3rd Floor, Wisdom Apartment, Kashinagar, Rameshwari
• Mahesh Moti Balharia aged 27 years and resident of Plot No 4, Lohar Sabhagraha, Ekta Society, Ajni
• Chandrasekhar alias Bunty Ashok Baisware aged 25 years and a resident of Plot No 27 years, Shivnagar, Pardi, Kalamna
• Pankaj Bholaram Tiwari aged 25 years and resident of Plot No 72, Shivnagar, Kalamna
• Pranay Prakash Navnage aged 30 years and resident of Indira Mata Nagar, Lohar Near Bargadche’s Shop, Kanji House Square, Kalamna and
• Lokesh alias Lucky Rajendra Jugnath aged 28 years and resident near the house of Deepak Patel, Bajeria.
Almost all the accused have cases which are serious in nature including body harm registered against them in various police stations.
Joint Commissioner of Police Santosh Rastogi and Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ranjan Kumar Sharma said that based on investigation conducted on confidential tip off and use of electronic means Assistant Police Inspector Pradeep Atulkar and other police personnel of Crime Branch (Zone-IV).
The accused had abducted the couple and had buried the couple in Buti Bori area after killing them. According to Joint Commissioner of Police Santosh Rastogi, the accused had strangulated the deceased Vandana Vaidya and had cut the neck of Atul Vaidya to kill them. The accused had buried the dead bodies in a jungle like area in Padhri Thana, Shivar area, Buti Bori-Umred road. The accused have been awarded seven days Police Custodial Remand (PCR) till November 17, 2016.
The senior police officials who addressed the media personnel included Joint Commissioner of Police Santosh Rastogi, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ranjan Kumar Sharma, Assistant Commissioner of Police Nilesh Raut, Assistant Police Inspector Pradeep Atulkar and others.