Published On : Fri, Sep 11th, 2015

Video: Purva was first murdered and then thrown into swimming pool, claim relatives


The suspicious death of 18-year old Purva Sanjay Hedau by drowning at a farmhouse swimming pool on Thursday took new dimension when two close relatives the deceased cried foul play in the sordid episode. Talking to

Nagpur Today, Shrikant Mahalle and Vijay Vitthalrao Kirnapure, the relatives of Purva, said that the girl was first murdered and then thrown into the swimming pool. The relatives also demanded a crackdown on the farmhouse and sealing of it as it turning out be a crime scene.

Shrikant and Vijay, who were waiting outside mortuary for post-mortem to be done and the report, said, “A look at body of Purva reveals that she was first murdered and then thrown into the swimming pool in order to show the death as an accidental one. The body was not bloated at all as is the case when a person drowns and remains in water for longer period. In fact, both the hands of Purva had got blackened as if she had clutched something very hard. How can it be possible that the girl was drowning in the midst of group of students who were present at the farmhouse and enjoying the party. Moreover, there was absolutely no possibility of Purva taking any extreme step. The only possibility is that Purva was done to death first and then her body thrown into the pool,” claimed the relayives.

They further demanded that the farmhouse should immediately be sealed and a stern action taken against its owner Shiraz Khan as the farmhouse is turning out be a crime scene. Two-three days ago too a body was found nearby it and a student had drowned in the same swimming pool last year.

Giving details, the two relatives said that Purva was student of Santaji College and was doing BSc (Micrology). On Thursday morning, she said to her parents that she is going for some party and will return in the evening. But Purva did not return till late in the evening. Around 10 pm, her parents received a call from police or other students informing them that Purva has been admitted in Rural Hospital in Kalmeshwar. Even before her parents could think of the reason, a second call at 11 pm stunned them. The caller broke the news that Purva is dead, said Shrikant Mahalle.

Shrikant Mahalle also expressed his apprehension over the role of one Aditi, one of best friends of Purva. He said that Aditi knows everything regarding the death of Purva but was playing truant for reasons best known to her only. She might be saving someone, claimed Shrikant.

Some other persons accompanying Shrikant Mahalle also demanded a thorough probe into the death of Purva and closure of the farmhouse. “A stringent action should be initiated against the owner of farmhouse Shiraz Khan as he is likely to suppress the true facts and push the case into cold storage in connivance of concerned authorities.

Purva’s father Sanjay Hedau runs a photo-video shop.

Purva Sanjay Hedau

Purva Sanjay Hedau

Thursday’s incident:

It may be recalled that a rave party, organized under the shadow of a birthday party, was being cherished at a farmhouse in Tondakhairi village of Kalmeshwar near Nagpur on Thursday (Sept 10). While a mob of around 25-30 young girls and boys was enjoying the rave party, an 18-year old girl identified as Purva Sanjay Hedau drowned in the swimming pool of the farmhouse. Purva was resident of Pipla Phata Hudkeshwar. The tragic incident occurred between 3 pm and 5 pm. Shockingly, no reveler noticed the girl drowning in the swimming pool. Sources said that the farmhouse is run by the owner of BCN Channel Shiraz Sheikh. In the very swimming pool, a student was drowned last year but the incident was dumped under the tables and nothing tangible came to light. It is reported that the rave party was thrown by one of the students Shiva Subhash Yadav, resident of Rambagh Colony, to celebrate his birthday. Rumours are that most of the revelers were enjoying a glass or two of liquor when the tragedy struck.

The death of Purva bared more and more startling facts. No one from the partying students informed relatives of Purva about her death. Kalmeshwar police were also kept in the dark. The cops came to know the incident when Purva was taken to Rural Hospital where doctors had declared her brought dead. Subsequent formalities alerted the police. According to police, Thursday was birthday of Shiva Yadav and he had thrown a party to his select friends from the college. 7 girls, including Purva, and 21 boys participated in the party. The revelry had started around 1.30 pm. However, mystery shrouded how Purva drowned in the swimming pool of the so-called farmhouse. Sources informed that when the group of students failed to spot Purva after 3 pm, panic engulfed them and search was mounted. Some students noticed Purva in swimming  pool, motionless. She was pulled out immediately and taken to Kalmeshwar Rural Hospital where she was pronounced brought dead. Thereafter, cops were also alerted who reached the spot hastily. Moreover, the students did not inform about the tragedy even to their relatives. Cops too bungled as they too failed to inform Purva’s near and dear ones till late into the night.