Mast mast girl Urmila celebrates her 39th birthday today ,well she made her screen debut as a child artist in the 1980 film Kalyug, she achieved success at the age of 9 in Shekhar Kapur‘s Masoom in 1983 and debuted as an adult in Narasimha opposite Ravi behl .ON Nagpur today we will tell some unknown facts about this chamma chamma gal.
Facts we didn’t know:
- Her father was a lecturer.
- She was very good at academics in school. Has been awarded the scholarship (state wide conducted examination) in the 4th standard.
- Has worked with other top actresses like Sridevi, Manisha Koirala, Mahima Chaudhry, Juhi Chawla and Rekha which proves that she’s not afraid to share credit.
- Also well known (along with actresses Sonali Bendre, Raveena Tandon and Sushmita Sen) for her sensational dance numbers.
- She has played three different negative roles: In ‘Kaun’ she was a sociopath, in ‘Pyar Tune Kya Kiya’ she plays a desperate woman who won’t give up at any cost to get what she wants and in ‘Om Jay Jagadish’, she plays the arrogant and uptight wife and daughter-in-law. She has played a semi-negative role in ‘Bhoot’, where she plays a newly wedded housewife who gets possessed by a dead woman.
- In 2008 Urmila made a debut on Indian television as a host of a reality show named Waar Parriwar.
- Presently she is judging a Marathi dance show where she said that “Dance is my passion and I feel so strongly about it that just watching people dance lights up my face and makes me come alive,”
Urmila Matondkar contributed to a new screen persona, where she was known for her intense style and dancing skills. She was frequently featured in the Indian media as a sex symbol. Nagpur today wishes Urmila a very happy Birthday.
:-Yash Raj Trivedi