Published On : Sun, Nov 11th, 2012

Toll Booth Kidnapping Follow Up : Argument over sell of tortoise led to youth’s kidnapping

Nagpur News : Interesting facts came fore in the kidnapping case of Sonegaon police station that four youths had kidnapped a supervisor after an argument over selling of tortoise. On Saturday afternoon, Piysuh Manohar, a supervisor, was abducted by four youths in a car from near his company on Jabalpur-Hyderabad road near Panjri toll naka. Manohar was thrashed and forced to seat in the car by the youths.

However by evening, after the abduction message was aired to all city police stations, Kalamna police chased the car and nabbed them near in Kalamna market area. Kidnapping case was registered till late night at Sonegaon police station.
The kidnappers included Manohar’s friend Rahul Chanore (20) and other three- Javed Khan (29), Nazarullah Khan (29) and Sayyed Ali (32). All four were produced in the lower court on Sunday and were granted PCR till Monday.

Police said that Manohar had bought a rare tortoise with colourful shades on it. Rahul, a good friend of Manohar, showed interest in buying the tortoise and the deal was fixed in Rs 5000. Rahul claimed that he had paid Rs 5000 to Manohar but he didn’t give the tortoise.

After few days, Manohar refused to sell the tortoise and asked Rahul to take back the cash. Enraged over this, Rahul abused Manohar resulting into heated argument between them.

On Saturday afternoon while Manohar was near to his office, Rahul and his friends rounded him and thrashed him publicly. They forced him to seat in the car and took him away. At the same time, Manohar’s colleagues who witnessed the incident immediately alerted the police control room and soon the message was spread to all city police stations.

Manohar claimed that he was being taken to a room in Sneha Nagar where he was locked for few hours and thrashed severely. Later, in the evening, the youths took him through Great Nag road to Kalamna where the police stopped them under suspicion. All the four accused were handed over to Sonegaon police station.