Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!
    | | Contact: 8407908145 |
    Published On : Sat, Aug 26th, 2017

    12-year old boy dies of electric shock due to Ganesh Mandal’s negligence


    Nagpur:
    Negligence on the part of a Sarvajanik Ganesh Mandal cost a 12-year old boy fatally as he was electrocuted to death on the very first day of the 10-day festival. The tragedy took place in Wadi area on Friday.

    The deceased Sahil Ramesh Tumdam (12), resident of Kolhe Wadi, Vanadongri, was standing near the pandal of area’s Ganesh Utsav Mandal around 8 pm on Friday. The teenage was enjoying the first day fervour of 10-day Ganesh Festival totally unaware of a tragedy that was beckoning him. While watching the joyous moments of the festivity, Sahil accidentally touched a pole of the pandal that was live with the electric current. He received shock of his life and fell unconscious. Nearby people rushed him to Lata Mangeshkar Hospital but the doctors there pronounced Sahil dead around 8.50 pm while undergoing treatment.

    MIDC Woman PSI Gire, on the basis of a complaint lodged by Satish Ashok Dakhore (32), has registered a case of accidental death and launched an in-depth probe into the teenager’s death.

    Similarly, in an unrelated incident, an electrician was electrocuted while working at a site in MIDC area on Monday. The deceased Ramesh Kumar Pandhre (30), native of Seoni (MP) was working as electrician at a site in Digdoh around 1 pm on Monday. Suddenly, he received shock and was taken to Lata Mangeshkar Hospital. However, doctors declared Ramesh brought dead.

    MIDC API Dehankar, on the basis of information provided by Dr Vevekanand, has registered a case of accidental death and probing the matter further.


    Trending In Nagpur
    Stay Updated : Download Our App
    Mo. 8407908145