The teachers in Vidarbha have again decided to boycott examinations of Maharashtra State Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board. The teachers, under the banner of Vidarbha Junior College Teachers’ Association (VIJUCTA), will boycott Class XII examination from February 3. However, before that, the teachers, led by the General Secretary of VIJUCTAAshok Gavhankar, will take out a morcha from Yeshwant Stadium to the office of Divisional Education Deputy Director on January 20. The representatives of the Association Dr Yugal Rayalu, Prof Namdevrao Gholse and Prof Vinayak Bhujade will be prominently present.
It may be recalled, the VIJUCTA had boycotted checking of Class XII examination answer papers last year. However, the boycott was lifted after the Government’s assurance of meeting the teachers’ demands within three months and in the interest of students. However, the VIJUCTA has lamented that even after nine months, the demands of teachers have not been honoured by the Government. The VIJUCTA has warned the Government of intensifying the agitation if their demands are not accepted. The agitation would be run in stages, the VIJUCTA has said.
• Implementation of upgraded three-stage pay scales of January 1, 1996.
• Cancellation of without grant-in-aid and making granted permanently
• Implementation of old pension to teachers of contact basis and partially granted schools/colleges before November 1, 2005.
• Salary of holidays during the 42-day agitation undertaken last year.
• Independent Administration for junior colleges.