Logistical hub to be set up for packing/unpacking state made goods in Nagpur
300 Tejaswini buses only for ladies, to run in various cities including Nagpur
Nagpur/Mumbai: Maharashtra Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar has on Friday closely followed Modi government’s farm-friendly general budget while delivering the sops to the state farmers in his state budget for the year 2016-17. Besides, Nagpur has remarkably provided with enough financial stimulus in the budget. Mungantiwar in his budget has keenly made provision of Rs 216.33 core for land acquisition and project displaced rehabilitation in MIHAN, whereas Rs 180 cr has been earmarked for Nagpur Metro Rail project. This apart, Rs 40 cr has been provided to develop zoo of international level at Gorewada in Nagpur. A noble initiative to run 300 Tejaswini buses only for ladies across few cities including Nagpur has also been announced. Apart from Nagpur the other cities where Tejaswini would run include Mumbai, Navi-Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Kalyan and Dombivali. Also there has been a provision to set up a logistical hub in Nagpur region where the state manufactured goods will be packed and unpacked. Also there is a provision to exempt these goods from sales tax.
Rs 25,000 cr for agri schemes
Kickstarting his speech with a Hindi Shayari Mungantiwar dedicated this budget to ‘Baliraja’ while keeping the budget primarily focused on farmers. Mungantiwar announced Rs 25,000 cr for various schemes in agriculture sector.
Besides few goods have been made costlier which include tea, coconut oil, lottery, vehicles above 100 ccs, marble and granite.
Among goods which are made cheaper include LED bulb, educational equipment, vehicles running on battery or solar energy, old vehicles, fences and net for farms, mammography used to detect breast cancer, and bamboo furniture
– Emphasis on dry land farming, accelerated development of infrastructure, removal of disparity, development of urban areas and generation of employment opportunities for youth.
– In 2016-17, a substantial provision of Rs. 1, 855 crore for Crop Insurance Scheme. – A substantially higher provision of Rs. 2000 crore for farm ponds, wells and electric pump installation, form this fund 1,00,000 farm ponds 37,500 wells and 90,000 electric pumps will be made
– Planning for renovation of 6862 ex-Malgujari tanks in the Naxal
affected districts of northern Vidarbha.
-New scheme named as “Palak Mantri Pandhan Rasta Yojana” & “Palak Mantri Earth Moving Machine Kharadi Yojana” launched.
– Repair works of Pandhan Rasta will be allotted to rural youth.
– An outlay of Rs 110 crore to make available crop loan with concessional rate of interest to farmers.
– To boost the production of oil seeds and pulses crop, under National Agriculture Development Scheme an outlay of Rs. 80 crore.
– New scheme launched to provides subsidy up to 25% or max 50
lakhs to set up agriculture processing units.
– An outlay of Rs. 60 crore for the new scheme called “Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Krishi Margdarshan Yojana” for promoting agriculture and research new government agriculture at Buldhana & Ahmednagar, new government horticulture college at Jalgaon.
– An outlay of Rs. 10 crore for two new veterinary colleges at Jalgaon and Akola.
– Decision to implement new scheme called “Krishi Gurukul Yojana” for advanced agriculture training of farmers through role model farmers.
– An agriculture festival to be organised every district to create awareness among farmers.
– For promotion of organic farming, Organic Farming Research & Training Centres in 4 agriculture universities proposed.
– Automated weather centres at 2065 revenue blocks proposed for accurate weather forecasting.
– Setting up dairy development projects under Integrated Agriculture Development Programme, Rs. 100 crore projects involving manufacturing company of farmers to be set up in Vidarbha & Marathwada.
– Provision of Rs. 51.13 crore to set up Intensive Poultry Development Unit in 14 districts.
– For raring of cattle, modernisation of “Valu Mata Sangopan Kendra”.
– New scheme called “Govardhan Gowansh Raksha Kendra” launched to implement the programme of raring non lactating and unproductive cattle breed in 34 rural districts with NGO participation.
– An outlay of Rs. 30 crore for Jetty’s construction at various places in 5 costal districts, an outlay of 15 crore for renovation of Sasoon dock.
– Provision of Rs. 7850 crore for irrigation projects.
– Substantial outlay of Rs. 2078 crore for various 7 Irrigation projects included in “Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana”.
– Water literacy and water awareness creation in society, permanent water centre at Yashada Pune & sub centre at Aurangabad Amravati, Chandrapur.
– An outlay of Rs. 500 crore for up gradation of roads and new road connectivity under “Chief Minister Rural Road Scheme”.
– To promote sustainable development of the villages “Smart Village Scheme” proposed to provide incentive for development.
– For displaying digital board in all Gram Panchayat create awareness about Government policies.
– An outlay of Rs. 500 crore proposed, the Government will undertake ambitious Chief Minister Rural Drinking Water Supply in Rural and Remote Places. • New scheme called “Balasaheb Thakare Smruti Matoshree Gram Panchayat & Mahila Sakshamikarna Mission” for accelerating rural development.
– New scheme – “Sumati tai Sukhalikar Udyogini Mahila Sakshamikarna” to provide loan at nil interest to women SHG. An outlay of Rs. 10 crore.
Energy Generation & Energy Rate.
– An outlay of Rs. 784 crore for electricity generation projects.
– New 240 subunits to upgrade electricity distribution system.
– An outlay of Rs. 456 crore for addition in capacity ofnonconventional energy sources.
– To promote new industries in Vidarbha & Marathwada through
subsidising energy rate.
Industries & Entrepreneurship Development
– Employment generation of 11 lakh 23 thousand under new industry
– Under Megaproject policy, direct investment Rs. 53,330 crore 25 lakh & employment generation of 85, 084.
-Constitution of Maharashtra Entrepreneurship to promote industries.
– Integrated management system for unorganised workers, outlay of
Rs. 18.92 crore.
-To cover maximum youth under “Mudra Bank Yojana”, constitution
of district level committee.
Textile & Marketing
An outlay of Rs. 265 crore to promote textile industry.
Infrastructure & Road Development
– An outlay of Rs. 4050 crore for road construction.
– Phase wise modernisation of 21000 km. length during next 8 years Rs. 50 crore outlay for construction ladies washroom on state highways.
– An outlay of 216.33 core for land acquisition and project displaced
rehabilitation in MIHAN.
– An outlay of 68.60 crore towards state equity in rail projects.
– An outlay of 700 crore for Centrally sponsored scheme “Shelter for
– Rs. 100 crore outlay for fast tracking development of new Chandrapur.
– Financial assistance to homeless freedom fighters or their spouses at their native places.
– Rs. 1000 crore outlay for infrastructure development in Municipal council, Nagar Panchayat.
– An outlay of Rs. 180 crore to accelerate Nagpur and Pune metro project.
– An outlay of Rs. 90.47 crore for Mumbai Metro phase-3.
– State Government to develop 8 smart cities.
– An outlay of 30 crore for Maharashtra fire safety mission.
– Tejaswini Buses only for ladies in Mumbai, Navi-Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Nagpur, Kallyan, Dombivali.
– An outlay of Rs. 970.37 crore towards centre and state share combined under National Health Mission.
– An outlay of 233.80 crore for health services in rural and urban areas
– An outlay of Rs. 300crore for “Rajiv Gandhi Jivandai Arogya Yojaana”.
Education & Sports
– An outlay of Rs. 740 crore to “Sarv Siksha Abhiyan” & Rs. 180 crore to computer training.
– An outlay of Rs. 137.44 crore provide quality education to secondary school goers. – An outlay of Rs. 50 crore for girls hostel.
– Digitisation of 43 public libraries at the expenditure of 17.20 crore
(Rs. 40 lakh per library)
– An outlay of Rs. 3 crore for the sports person participating in Olympics 2020.
– Financial assistance of Rs. 1 crore to Shri Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal at Amravati.
Safety & Transport
– An outlay of Rs. 320 crore for Police housing.
– An provision of Rs.350 crore for CCTV Surveillance.
– Renovation of 13 bus stations – Panvel, Mumbai etc.
– Reconstruction of 3500 ST stands
– Rs. 30.51 crore for Ro-Ro services at Mandva and Rs 36 crore for anti sea erosion wall.
Infrastructure of Judiciary
– An outlay of Rs 491.10 crore for old buildings and residential
Public Distribution System
– An outlay of Rs 62.14 crore for Decentralised food grain
procurements scheme at MSP prices.
Forest and Environment
– Phase wise rehabilitation of 65 villages alongside 6 Tiger Projects, an outlay of Rs 60 crore.
– An outlay of Rs. 47.25 crore for Nature Tourism.
– Expansion of Chandrapur Forest Administrative Management and Development Academy, an outlay of Rs.5 crore.
– Mangrove Conservation Institution for protection and conservation
– An outlay of Rs. 20 crore for Namami Chandrabhaga to make holy
river Chandrabhaga pollution free upto 2022.
Tourism and Culture
– An outlay of Rs. 285 crore for strengthening of tourist places.
Special focus on tourism development at Mhaismal, Verul, Khultabad, Sulibhanjan in Aurangabad.
Security upgraded at sea beaches.
Women and Child Welfare
– An outlay of Rs.25 crore for Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Yojana to be launched from April 1, 2016 and specially for girl child.
– An outlay of 100 crore to convert 10000 Anganwadis to Adarsh Anganwadi.
Tribal Development and Social Justice and Minority development
– An outlay of Rs.290 crore for reputed school, Rs. 300 crore for road and Rs. 370 crore for Ashramshala under TSP.
– An outlay of Rs. 25 crore for Eklavya Sport Enterpreaunership academy.
– Rs 60 crore for preservation and conservation for Varli Art.
– Hike in assistance provided under Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana which will cost government further Rs. 332 crore.
– An outlay of Rs. 405 crore provided for different scheme for minority upliftments.
– An outlay of Rs. 320 crore for houses to SC families.
– A new scheme named as Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Krushi Swawlamban to make SC farmers economicallly self sufficient by providing assistance for well and electricity connection for pump set. Solar pump where electricity connection can not be sanctioned.
– An outlay of Rs.170 crore for various program undertaken samata and samajik nyay varsh on the occasion of 125th anniversary of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s birth year. – An outlay of Rs. 220 crore for construction of government hostel for backward class.
– 156 online services under Maharashtra Public Services Ordinance – 2015.
– Rs. 10 crore outlay for improvement to Maharashtra state wide area
– Increase in deposit from Rs.5 crore to Rs.10 crore of Shankarrao Chavan Suvarn Mahotsavi Patrakar Fund.
– An outlay of Rs.5 crore for monuments of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj outside the state.
– Rs.5 crore for various activitis to propagate the work of Shri.Lokmanya Tilak.
– Bhaskaracharya Ganit Nagari in memory of renowned mathematician Bhaskaracharya.
– Rs.5 crore aid for auditorium to be constructed in Sangli district in memory of R.R.Patil.
– Press auditorium in memory of Balshastri Jambhekar at Sindhudurg Nagari, Oros.