Nagpur: Hundreds of devotees visiting Dargah of Hazrat Baba Tajuddin at Motha Tajbagh are being put in lot of hardships due to non-completion of various development works such as interior roads, platform around main Dargah, compound wall of Urs Ground, shopping complex, toilets, bathrooms etc. The situation is likely to worsen during the annual Urs of Hazrat Baba Tajuddin scheduled to be held from October 24 to 30, 2016 as thousands of devotees and pilgrim will throng the place from the city as well as nearby states to seek blessings of Baba.
The construction of various facilities is going at snail’s pace despite contracts were awarded almost two years ago. The State Government has declared to transform Dargah of Hazrat Baba Tajuddin as a major tourism place. Accordingly, various works are going on. With the concerned contractors playing truant, many of the development works have not been completed within the stipulated period. The outcome is troublesome. The Dargah premises is in very precarious condition due to careless contractors. The rains have rendered the premises around Dargah muddy and difficult for pilgrims to walk and reach Dargah.
All the roads around Dargah are muddy, water clogged. Non-completion of works of toilets, bathrooms is adding misery to devotees. The situation is likely to become dreadful as the annual Urs of Hazrat Baba Tajuddin is scheduled to be held from October 24 to 30, 2016 and the event will witness thousands of pilgrims visiting the place.
Following tenders were floated and contracts awarded for various works:
1) Tender No. 01 Dt. 17-10-2014 for development and renovation of main Dargah, platform around Dargah.
2) Tender No. 25 Dt. 06-02-2014 for construction of WBM road at Motha Tajbagh.
3) Tender No. 01 Dt. 20-08-2013 for construction of compound wall of Urs Ground at Motha Tajbagh.
4) Tender No. 03 Dt. 16-09-2013 for construction of shopping complex ground floors.
5) Tender No. 04 Dt. 17-10-2014 for remaining work of shopping complex on first and second floor.
However, none of the works has been completed.
-RAJEEV RANJAN KUSHWAHA