The Regional Centre of Organic Farming (RCOF) Gondkhairy, Nagpur under Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has started 30 days training programme on “Organic Growers” for the dropout students as per the guidelines of Agriculture Skill Council of India. The programme is being organized at RCOF, Gondkhairy, Nagpur under the guidance of its Regional Director, Dr.A.S.Rajput and his supporting team scientists w.e.f.28th March, 2017 to 6th April, 2017. The twenty students are being given training on different components of organic farming. These students are given theory and practical exposure every day as per the fixed schedule of different renowned Institutes as well as at organic farms.
Core objective of the Programme
• To develop skill and train the potential enterpreneurs in the organic farming and organic farm products, selling strategy.
• To impart basic knowledge and understanding of organic farming.
• To impart knowledge about organic certification – PGS – India, farmer centric certification etc.
• To develop and strengthen entrepreneurial quality and motivation.
• To help the students in selecting right type of organic farm project and products.
• To train on the necessary managerial skills required to run the organic farm units.
• How can the organic growers utilize the power of e-commerce to sell their produce.
Participants are being trained on:
1. How to launch their organic farming enterprise.
2. How to identify potential market for organic food products?
3. How to get the organic farming certification.
4. How to establish supply chain for farm land to retail units.
5. How to take government assistance through various schemes to expand their business.
6. How to access foreign markets/domestic markets for organic food products.
7. How to utilize social media to market your produce etc.
The students have got keen interest and they have started planning to start their cottage industry based on organic farming and various agencies shown their interest to provide the job to students after completion of the course.
This Region has vast potential being rich in organic matter and biodiversity and socio-economic status, Dr.A.S.Rajput, Regional Director and course co-ordinator said “the Maharashtra state can also be declared as “Organic State” keeping in view of the awareness about organic farming, its certification and marketing of the produce, this region has the vast potential to carve a niche in the organic food market. Now the Beejotsav-5 will be organized from April 7-9, 2017 at Nagpur as attempt to reach safe, organic and affordable food to consumer’s in and around Nagpur by Nagpur Beejotsav Group. The major aim is to directly connect consumers and producers and reduce exploitation in the value chain. These students will be actively involved in this programme also. This year, the fifth Nagpur Beejotsav Carnival will be on April 7-8 and 9th of 2017 at the Mure Memorial Hospital, Variety Square, Nagpur. In this programme stalls of grains, spices, jiggery, cold pressed oils and poison free value added products alongwith PGS-India products and waste decomposer of NCOF, Ghaziabad will be displayed.