Published On : Wed, Nov 3rd, 2021

Six-year-old boy dies after balloon gets stuck in throat in Nandanvan

Nagpur: In a bizarre incident, a six-year-old boy died after a balloon got stuck in his throat while blowing it at his house in the Nandanvan area on Monday, police said.

The deceased was identified as Vijay Ramkumar Patel, a resident of Swaraj Vihar Colony.

The incident took place at 4.30 pm. The balloon got stuck in the throat of the boy when he was blowing it. The family members tried to remove the balloon but failed.


Condition of the boy deteriorated due to suffocation. The family members rushed him to hospital where he was declared dead by the doctors.

A case of accidental death was registered by Nandanvan police.