Goods worth lakhs of rupees was gutted in fire that broke in three separate places in the city in last 24 hours. The incidents took place at Tajabad, Lakadganj, and Pili Nadi. In the first incidence, fire broke in a factory at Tajabad where cloth mattresses were made. On Friday around 3.50 am in the morning, the factory suddenly caught fire. Someone informed Fire & Fighting Department and four fire tenders reached the place to control the fire.
Officials said that good worth Rs 4 lakh were gutted in the fire. The factory, situated near Chiteshwar Sabhgruha, Tajabad Gali No. 2, is owned by Sheikh Taiyyab Mahajan. Waste cloth materials were used to prepare new cloth mattresses in the factory. The owner Sheikh Taiyyab Mahajan said that anti-social elements must be involved in this fire.
But no concrete reason could be ascertained till filing of the report.
In the second incidence, fire broke in Dattatrya Timber Market at Lakadganj on Friday night at around 11.40 pm. Owner of the market Madhukar Balaji Kadu informed the Fire Fighting Department about the incidence. The fire tenders reached the spot and got hold on the situation in half-an-hour. Sources said that short circuit could be reason behind this fire incidence.
Third incidence took place in Jeetapur area near Pili Nadi The fire broke in a small ‘Namkin’ factory. On Firday night, the ‘Namkin’ factory suddenly caught fire. Fire was controlled in a short period. Till filing of the report, no reason was ascertained in the case. The fire caused a loss of Rs 10,000 to the owner. Further investigations are under way.