Published On : Fri, Feb 12th, 2016

Seminary Hills to be developed as “A” class tourism centre

Similarly, Ambazari, Mohgaon Zilpi, Chintamaneshwar Tekdi and Nara would be developed as “B” class tourism centres.

Minister Bawankule and MLA DeshmukhNagpur: The Guardian Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule on Friday directed the Forest Department officials to prepare a plan for developing Seminary Hills as “A” class tourism centre the funds for which would be provided by State Government. Similarly, the minister also directed to develop Ambazari, Mohgaon Zilpi, Chintamaneshwar Tekdi and Nara as “B” class tourism centres.

Bawankule was reviewing various difficulties related to Forest Department and its working in a meeting held at Vanbhavan here on Friday. The meeting was also attended by MLA Ashish Deshmukh, and other office-bearers and officials. A detailed proposal of Rs 25.49 crore has been prepared for developing the four places as part of Eco-Tourism. A 750-acre land near Ambazari is in possession of Forest Department. This reserved land should be used for erecting a solar plant and the solar power should be supplied to all the lights of Ambazari, said the minister and added that a non-conventional energy park should also be set up there.

The meeting was informed that Rs 368.62 lakh have been spent on construction of CCT, Gabien dams, stone dams, earth dams, cement dams, water stocking tanks for wildlife etc under Jalayukta Shivar Yojana.

Gas connections in 512 villages:
Gas connections are distributed to needy members of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe communities through Forest Department. A 25 percent amount is to be shared by beneficiaries while remaining 75 percent is contributed by forest department. However, the gas connections are not given to poor people belonging to OBC and open categories. When this fact was brought to the notice of Bawankule, he immediately announced providing of Rs 5 crore from District Planning Committee. So far gas connections have been distributed to the needy people in 512 villages.