Nagpur Today: Department of Political Science , Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur Univeristy (RTMNU) is organising a one day National Seminar on the theme ‘Citizen’s Foreign Policy’ on November 11,2014 at Department of Pharmacy Auditorium, Campus.
The aim of the seminar is to establish a citizens perspective to International Relations and Foreign Policy of India in particular for the initiation of the democratization of Foreign Policy process in India.
The objectives of the Citizens Foreign Policy initiative is to draw primacy of the domestic over the international and thereby also bring into primacy issues hereto been perspectivised within the old conventional models of power politics. The initiative has the following threads that lead to the exploration of this perspective.
1. To provide primacy of the domestic over the international.
2. To prioritize the international and their terms.
3. To bestow primacy to the issues of development, welfare, human security, human rights, environment, technologies and their transfer, universal education, international institutions and regimes.
4. To establish cooperation and interdependency approaches contradistinction to confrontation and non-interference as policy approach.
5. To establish formal institutional mechanisms of the training of International relations as well as foreign policy inputs, dissemination, and feedback.
The Sub themes will be the challenge in the foreign policy debates in India.
2. What should be the citizens Agenda of Foreign Policy of India
3. Engagement with the world- at what terms
4. Democratizing India’s Foreign Policy making.
5. International cooperation and interdependency
6. Educating International relations and foreign policy in India.
7. Foreign policy inputs, dissemination and feedback.
Papers are invited on the above theme for presentation. The initial draft should reach the organizers on or before November 1,2014 by mail on firstname.lastname@example.org. Final draft of the paper is possibly expected by November 5, 2014 or at the time of presentation. The select papers areexpected to be published in a book form.
Registration Fee for participants and faculties employed is Rs. 500/-and for students and research scholars not employed- 250/.
Convenor of the programme is Dr. M. Kashikar
Professor and Head, Department of Political Science,-Mob- 9822940635
The Programme director is Dr. Vikas Jambhulkar
Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science,Mob- 09923431515; email@example.com