Nagpur: The State Election Commission (SEC) has made it mandatory for voters to produce Electoral Photo Identity Cards (EPIC) while casting their votes for Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) election on February 21. However, as an alternative for those who have misplaced their EPIC or have not yet gotten, can use any of the 17 other photo identity documents for exercising their franchise.
The 17 alternative photo identity documents are:
2. Driving license
3. PAN card
4. Service Identity Cards with photographs issued to employees by Central, State Govt, Public Sector Undertakings, Public Limited Companies.
5. Passbooks with photograph issued by Bank or Post Office
6. Aadhar card
7. Freedom fighter’s identity card with photo
8. Pension order with photo
9. Registered deeds of properties
10. ST/SC/OBC certificates
11. Physically disabled certificate issued by competent authorities
12. License of arms issued by competent authorities
13. Smart Card issued by Registrar General of India(RGI) under National Population Register
14. MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee Act Job Card
15. Pensioner’s widow/dependent having certificate with photo
16. Ration card
17. Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
In the absence of Voter ID cards, people have been allowed to produce the above 17 photo identity documents for casting their votes during NMC poll.