| | Contact: 8407908145 |
    Published On : Wed, Oct 24th, 2012
    Latest News | By Nagpur Today Nagpur News

    School van catches fire, children saved

    Nagpur News: A group of school children in Central Avenue had a narrow escape  when the van ferrying them to school caught fire at Gandhi Pulla Chowk on Tuesday.

    The Maruti van (MH 31 5065) had a gas kit fitted inside it, which is suspected to have been the cause of the fire. Raju Rajput, the driver, evacuated the childrenas soon as he noticed the fire. a few minutes after the children came out, the van was engulfed in flames. It tool two fire engines to control the fire.

    The van was burnt to cinders and is estimated to have cost a loss of Rs. 80,000. Vans such as these, which carry young students to school every morning are pretty common. Investigations are being made into the legality, and  safety of  gas kits in such vehicles. Further updates are awaited.

    Stay Updated : Download Our App
    Mo. 8407908145