The Guardian Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule on Wednesday said that the Finance and Planning Minister has approved Rs 250 crore for general schemes of Nagpur District Planning Committee. The Finance Minister has increased the amount by Rs 70 crore over the financial limit of Rs 180.47 crore as demanded by the Committee, said Bawankule.
For his efforts to receive the increased amount of Rs 70 crore, the Guardian Minister was thanked by Nagpur District Rural BJP President Dr Rajiv Potdar. Potdar offered bouquet to Bawankule at Ravi Bhavan as a gesture of appreciation. The additional fund will be spent on primary school buildings, primary health centres, Anganwadi constructions, industrial training institute constructions and modernization of machineries, flood control, small irrigation, road development, medicines etc.
Highlights of District Annual Schemes:
• Provision for Government Colleges Development scheme
• Modernisation of Government Medical Colleges
• Priority to construction of Primary Health Centres and Sub-Centres
• Anganwadi building construction
• Barbed fencing to forest area borders
• Agriculture modernization
• Priority to Zilla Parishad school construction
• Facilities at tourism and pilgrimage centres
• Safety wall at public lands
• Public libraries at big Gram Panchayats