Nagpur: The state government has sanctioned Rs 11.92 crore for the Nagpur district schools coming under the Right to Education (RTE). These would be distributed to 657 schools in the district within a week. It may be mentioned that state government had to give Rs 45 crores funds to school and school Directors had even protested for this. They had not done their registrations under the RTE.
The schools had to get their registration done in education Department till Jan 24. Now the date of registration has been extended to January 30 and the Directors will register their schools. Zilla Parishad’s Education Officer (Primatry) Deependra Lokhande informed that 636 school had done their registration and now only 22 schools remain.Their registration will be done. He also said that within a week all will get their money.
Maharashtra English School Trustees Association (MESTA) Secretary Kapil Umale said that it has been announced that funds have been sanctioned. It takes three to four months to reach the schools. The schools who have registered are the ones who had registered last year. The schools were ready to register if their the state government sanctions funds. He informed that Rs 45 crores funds were pending of the schools in Nagpur district which would increase this year.