Winter is on its way and the seasonal bouts of cold, fever and sore throats have begun their rounds of the city. Nagpur Today, through Aliakbar Shabbir, Integrative Health Coach and CEO, Hi Tech Well Being Centre, offers you some simple, homely cures for the soreness in your throat.
- To lukewarm water, add a tsp of salt and gargle.
- To mild boiling water, add a dash of cinnamon, a little piece of ginger, and 1 tsp honey. Drink when lukewarm.
- A lovely drink: To ½ a raw onion add 2 cloves, 4-5 mint leaves, 2-3 black pepper and a stick of cinnamon to a glass of water. Boil thoroughly and filter, to reduce the spicy taste add 1 tsp of honey, drink while it’s warm.
- Heat water and add 2 tsp of lemon juice, 2 tsp of honey and sip when lukewarm.
- Swallow mixture of 1 tsp fresh ginger juice, ½ tsp honey and a pinch of turmeric at least three times a day.
- Crush a few neem leaves with water. Remove pulp. Warm it up. Add a little honey and gargle.
- Add a tsp of cumin seeds and few pieces of dry ginger to a glass of boiling water. Simmer it for a few minutes, and then let it cool. Drink it twice daily. This cures cold as well as sore throat.