Besan(gram flour) – 1 cup
Potato – 1(chopped)
chili powder – 1 tsp .
salt – to taste
Yoghurt – 1 cup
Besan(Gram flour) – 2 tbsp
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Methi dana(fenugreek seeds) – 1 tsp
Whole red chillies – 2 pieces
Salt – to taste
1. Mix all pakora ingredients along with little water and make small pakoras of those and deep fry. Keep aside.
2. In a bowl mix yoghurt, besan, turmeric and salt and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps left behind. Add 3-4 cups of water to retain the consistency
3. Heat oil in a kadhai and add methi dana(fenugreek seeds), red chillies and fry well. Now add the yoghurt mixture and bring it to a oil. Stir occasionally during the process.
4. Once the kadhi starts to boil add the pakoras and bring it to a boil stirring in the process ensuring the pakoras don’t break.
5. Serve punjabi kadhi with fried/roasted papad, punjabi pickle and steamed or jeera rice.