The owner of the Annapurna Food Products Company, Bajrang Jethmal Agrawal (64), who was critically injured in the boiler blast on Friday, died while undergoing treatment at a private hospital. Six employees of the company were also injured in the blast. Kalamna police had registered a case of accidental death and were probing the blast thoroughly.
A detailed investigation revealed that the death of Bajrang Jethmal Agrawal and injuries to employees were caused by negligence on his own part. The boiler in the company was not properly maintained and had developed snags. However, the owner continued the functioning of the faulty boiler leading to the explosion. The blast left Bajrang Agrawal and six other employees with serious burn and other injuries. Agrawal succumbed to his injuries while the employees are being treated at a private hospital. The employees have been identified as Bhuvaneshwar Gowardhan Deshmukh (20), resident of Bhandara District, Sachin Gautam Tembhekar (18) of Balaghat, Pritichand Bisen (42) of Durganagar, Anwar Bisen (24) of Gondia, Agnu Dhansingh Shahu (45) of Diptisignal, and Nandlal Hemraj Bhimshahu (19) of Chhattisgarh.
Kalamna PSI Oulkar has booked the deceased Bajrang Jethmal Agrawal under Sections 304(A), 337, 338 of IPC and investigating the matter further.