New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Saturday reiterated that India welcomes Pakistan NSA Sartaj Aziz only if talks are confined to terror, and Hurriyat is not involved.
Here are some important points:
- No India-Pakistan NSA talks if they include Hurriyat as third party, says Sushma Swaraj.
- India ready for NSA talks with Pakistan if they are only around terror: Sushma Swaraj.
- All India-Pak talks can’t be called composite dialogue, says Sushma Swaraj.
- Pakistan is running away from talks which will be held only when we get a reply. Time available is only tonight: Swaraj.
- What papers will Pakistan show? We have Naved, a living person as proof: Sushma Swaraj.
- Concerning Daewood Ibrahim, no other country will accept proof from a media house; govt will provide its own evidence on it: Swaraj.
- India is not putting any pre-conditions. Only reminding there will be no talks on Kashmir now. It will be only on terror: Swaraj.
- Shimla Agreement dictates that there won’t be a third party in talks; in UFA both PMs agreed to talks on terror, respect this: Sushma Swaraj.
- India is not running away from talks on Kashmir, but this is not the discussed issue of the talk this time: Sushma.
- Three meetings were decided in Ufa, out of which one meeting was ‘NSA level talks’ on terror: Sushma Swaraj.