Nagpur: Many customers were pleasantly surprised when the banks disbursed new five hundred notes along with notes of Rs 100 denomination.
The new Rs. 500 is of the size is 63mm x 150mm, colour is stone grey with Red Fort and Mahatma Gandhi’s image on each side.
The Features include:
- See through register in denomination numeral
- Latent image of the denomination numeral
- Denomination numeral in Devnagari script
- Orientation of Mahatma Gandhi’s portrait changed
- Windowed security thread changes from green to blue when note is tilted
- Guarantee clause, Governor’s signature, RBI emblem shifted towards right
- Portrait and electrotype watermarks
- Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on top left and bottom right sides
- Denomination in numerals with Rupee symbol in colour changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right
- Emblem of Ashoka Pillar on right
For visually impaired:
- Circle with Rs. 500 in raised print on the right
- Bleed lines on left and right in raised print.
However, many banks have not yet received the notes for disbursement. The note is still a matter of curiosity and inquisitiveness.