Nagpur: The Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation Limited (NMRCL), which is carrying out an array of constructions for “Majhi Metro” project on Wardha Road and at Shahid Kakde Square near Mayo Hospital, has initiated a number of safety measures for citizens passing through NMRCL work sites. As an additional measure to increase the safety and convenience, following steps are being taken:
1) NMRCL has decided to establish ‘Sahayog Kendra’ on Wardha Road for redressal of complaints regarding traffic etc. for the citizens whenever required. Trained personnel shall be deployed at `Sahayog Kendra’.
2) It will also help to coordinate with traffic police and other agencies like Fire-Brigade, Nagpur Municipal Corporation etc.
3) In addition to this, there will be dedicated toll free No. 1800 2700 557 for registering complaints and providing feedback.
4) CCTV surveillance at critical locations such as Ajni Square.
5) Increasing the numbers of trained traffic marshalls to ease the traffic.