Nagpur: The Mayor Pravin Datke on Monday (February 22) held a press conference to highlight the “Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Housing for All 2022 Scheme.” The scheme is being launched on the concept of providing houses of their own to each and every citizen by the year 2022. The Scheme has been launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Nagpur Municipal Corporation is activating the “Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Housing for All Scheme (Urban)” and a demand survey is being undertaken from February 22 to March 22 with the cooperation of Slums Rehabilitation Authority, Nagpur. After the demand survey, a detailed project report (DPR) will be prepared.
Following four sections of the “Housing for All 2022” have been included as guiding principles of the Pradhanmantri Awas Yojana:
- Slum rehabilitation of Slum Dwellers with participation of private developers using land as a resource;
- Promotion of affordable housing for weaker section through credit linked subsidy;
- Affordable housing in partnership with Public & Private sectors and
- Subsidy for beneficiary-led individual house construction or enhancement.
The working system for implementation of sections of the Housing Scheme:
- Section No. 1: Any slum rehabilitation project taken for development using land as a resource for providing houses to slum dwellers.
- Only slum-dwellers will be eligible for this section of the scheme.
- Slum-dwellers residing before 2000 are eligible for housing.
- The surveyors will visit house to house and based on the information given by them report will be prepared.
- An average of Rs 1 lakh would be granted by the Government of India to all the beneficiaries under the scheme as well as share of Rs 1 lakh by State Government.
- Section No. 2: This section will cover economically weaker sections and lower income group beneficiaries. Under the Credit Linked Interest Subsidy component, interest subsidy of 6.5 percent on housing loans availed upto a tenure of 15 years will be provided to EWS/LIG categories, wherein the subsidy pay-out on NPV basis would be about Rs.2.3 lakh per house for both the categories.
- Central assistance at the rate of Rs.1.5 lakh per house for EWS category will be provided under the Affordable Housing in Partnership and Beneficiary-led individual house construction or enhancement. State Government or their bodies like Housing Boards can take up project of affordable housing to avail the Central Government grant.
- The scheme will be implemented as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme except the credit linked subsidy component, which will be implemented as a Central Sector Scheme.
- Section No. 3: Affordable housing on partnership basis:
- The government will provide Rs 1-2.3 lakh assistance per house under different components of the scheme, including in-situ redevelopment of slums using land as resource, credit-linked subsidy scheme, affordable housing in partnership and beneficiary-led individual construction or improvement of homes.
- For this section, 30 housing for 30 sq feet area is eligible.
- In this project, at least 250 houses are a must out of which 35 percent should for EWS people.
The Beneficiaries of Housing for All Scheme:
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana would target specific groups from the society, which are:
- Women, irrespective of caste and religion
- Economically Weaker Section of Society (EWS)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Scheduled Casts (SC)
General suggestions for filling up of applications:
- Survey of slum-dwellers will be done by visiting houses to house through Tablets in 3 months.
- The Application form will also be available on NMC website nmcnagpur.gov.in.
- Applications will only be filled on the website. No printed forms will be made available.
Following documents must be attached with applications:
- Election ID card
- Xerox of Aadhar Card
- Tax paid receipt
- Electric bill
- Domicile certificate
- Ration card
- Income certificate or income affidavit
– RAJEEV RANJAN KUSHWAHA( firstname.lastname@example.org )