Nagpur: In a significant move, aimed at keeping the city tidy and clean as well as dealing with a slew of problems being faced by citizens, the Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) is considering to implement “Parisar Palakatva Yojana” (Area Guardianship Scheme). The NMC Administration, office-bearers, Corporators deal with a host of problems such as non-functioning streetlights, water shortage, choking of sewage lines, unclean roads, carcasses of animals, etc. If people’s participation in resolving the problems is increased, the problems could be resolved under the Area Guardianship Scheme, asserted the Mayor Praveen Datke and Municipal Commissioner Shravan Hardikar while addressing a jpoint press conference here on Monday.
The highlights of the “Parisar Palakatva Yojana” are as follows:
• Nagrik Mandals, Housing Societies, social, commercial, educational, medical organizations could adopt guardianship of nearby areas, some portions of roads, gardens, squares, bridges etc.
• Guardianship can be taken also of smaller areas and smaller matters like wells, statues, lanes, squares.
• If areas under guardianship lacked several facilities, the help of NMC could be taken in setting the things right.
• Any kind of problems could be resolved under the NMC system.
• The organizations or individuals adopting guardianship will not have to bear additional financial burden.
• Interested organizations will be authorized to adopt guardianship only for one year. The right to hike the period or lessen will rest with NMC.
The Mayor and Municipal Commissioner said that the organizations and individuals should take interest in the scheme and make the city of Nagpur a clean and problem-free city.