Nagpur: Call it negligence on the part of doctors or just a case of medical emergency, a young girl lost her life hopping from one hospital to another and another for treatment.
The deceased, Komal Madhav Wadivate (21) was admitted in Shahu Hospital on 6.9.2106 around 11 am for removing a rod from her hand. It could not be verified whether the rod had pierced her hand lately or it was an old case. However, the doctors at Shahu Hospital referred Komal to Centre Point Hospital. But her condition deteriorated there and was subsequently referred to Platina Heart Hospital. However, doctors at the hospital declared Komal dead during the treatment around 2 pm on Thursday (September 8).
Tehsil PSI Dhakulkar, based on the information provided by her father Madhav Kashinath Wadivate (54), has registered a case of accidental death and mounted an in-depth investigation into the matter.