The theatre group of New Apostolic English High School will be performing at 16th edition of ‘Thespo’ the annual drama festival for theatre performance below the age of 25. The group will be performing the play titled Lehar Badlav Ki at Prithivi Theatres, Mumbai from December 15 to 21, 2014.
Leher Badlav Ki written by Mrunalini Apte and directed by Atul Somkuwar focuses on power crisis.It is a science drama with an aim to connect science with the society. Leher Badlav Ki that will be part of the 16th edition of the Thespo festival this year as it will encourage the youth to express their talent in this year,Thespo has scoured through a record total of 186 entries from across India, Sri Lanka and Canada.
The 17 member troupe have 9 child artist, it is the most youngest performing group in the festival. Amidst the tough competetion ‘ Lehar Badlav ki’ was selected in the final 5 out of 186 entries, informed the director of the play Atul Somkuwar.
This just 22 year old Director is into drama’s and play’s from past fourteen years and is ably handling the directoral baton. He is teaching acting to the students of New Apostolic English High School as Drama faculty teacher. Somkuwar also has the CCRT( Centre for Culture and Research Training) scholarship, where he was the topper.
Somkuwar speaking with Nagpur Today informed about the play , which is addressing the energy crisis and said, It is the need of the hour that man should change with the changing scenario. The use of energy should be very economical and justful. We are getting the signals from the nature in the form of disasters. So we should change ourselves and overcome the energy crisis and save the environment and Mother Earth.
- The team read about the black out which occurred in Northern Cities of India in the newspapers. With that they were shaken with the thought how much trouble and distress that would have caused to the everyday lives of the people.
- This thing lingered in mind and reflected in this play.
- The play will focus on the need of the hour to talk about energy conservation
What the team has to say about the issue?
- I want to focus on energy production and energy saving to over come the energy crisis.
- We therefore have to encourage the people to utilize non conventional sources of energy.
- India is blessed with ample sunlight that can be used to generate solar power.
- We only need to collect that energy and channelize it so that it can be used for different needs.
- For the same, the Government needs to create awareness, take up the subject and explore alternative sources of energy and at the same time provide subsidies to people and organizations that are generating alternative sources of energy.
- People will therefore be motivated to work hand in hand with the authorities to overcome the energy crisis across the country.
- I believe it is our duty to save the conventional sources of energy and provide for the future generations to come.
Pearls of Apostolic is excited to participate at the Thespo festival which will give the students a platform to showcase their hidden talents.