According to reports, Fire Brigade Control Room received a call informing about a fire incident in the area. As soon as the fire incident was reported, the Assistant Station Officer of Fire Brigade Gawande and his team rushed to the spot along with a fire tender. The Fire Brigade swung into action and brought the fire under control. The fire had broken out in the huts of Fuleshwari Chhabidar Patel, Bihari Patel and Kalawatibai Mahurle due to short circuit. The fire destroyed cooler, cloths and other material collectively worth Rs 80,000. However, there were no reports of any injuries to the occupants of the huts.
Had the fire spread rapidly in the adjoining congested hutments in the blistering summer heat, it would have taken the shape of a major disaster as the area is thickly populated with few escape routes.